MS Amlin is now part of a leading insurance group operating worldwide in the Lloyd’s, UK, Continental Europe, Bermuda, Singapore and the Far East, with new business ventures in Dubai, Hong Kong and North America. We specialise in providing insurance cover to commercial enterprises and reinsurance protection to other insurance companies around the world. One of the largest syndicates in the Lloyd’s of London market, we are a leading player in a range of insurance with strategic business units focusing on our primary classes of business – Reinsurance, Property & Casualty, and Marine & Aviation.
MS Amlin was formed in 1998 following the merger of Angerstein & Murray Lawrence. In November 2008, MS Amlin acquired Anglo French Underwriters, the largest Lloyd’s coverholder in France, and in July 2009, acquired Fortis Corporate Insurance, a leading provider of corporate property and casualty insurance in the Netherlands. In 2010, MS Amlin Re Europe was set up in Zurich which also provides the capital management for MS Amlin Bermuda, followed by the Miami and Dubai offices in 2015. On 1 February 2016, MS Amlin was acquired by the MS&AD Insurance Group.
With offices across the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Germany, Singapore, Bermuda, Dubai, Hong Kong, Miami and New Jersey. Our head office is in the heart of London's financial district, in The Leadenhall Building opposite the iconic Lloyd’s of London building.
Our vision is to be the global reference point for quality in each of our markets. We aim to do this by delivering first class client service based on a thorough understanding of their needs. Our reputation is founded on the principles of integrity, honesty and respect, and these sit at the heart of everything we do. The trust and confidence of our clients is critical to our continued growth and success, as is our unwavering commitment to sustainability. We want to facilitate client intimacy as a source of competitive differentiation amongst our peers and have ambitious plans to grow in our markets and invest in further technology and products.
These underpin everything we do and play a key role in supporting our ambition to build a culture and environment that will make MS Amlin 'the place to work'.
- Integrity: We are fair and honest and deliver on our commitments.
- Superior Performance: We seek to excel in both the levels of services and the results we achieve.
- Leadership: We take a clear and considered view of the future. We communicate our objectives and empower our team to achieve them.
- Professional excellence: We are professional in all we do, continually developing our skills and expertise.
- Teamwork: We work together to deliver excellent performance, taking responsibility, holding ourselves accountable and respecting the contribution of others. We communicate effectively and we give each other the space to do the job.
- Focus on sustainability: We take a measured approach in our business strategy and in our acceptance and management of risk to secure the long term viability of the business.
To find out more on what we believe is important and how we want to behave, click here
As a career
The MS Amlin team is made up of around 2,000 employees, of which about 1,100 are UK based.
With careers spanning all areas of business from underwriting, claims, to risk, finance and IT & business change, there are plenty of opportunities to find your niche. Our ongoing personal and professional development will help you carve out a rewarding and fulfilling management career. A good work life balance and excellent benefits will help you enjoy it even more.